Mission Statement – YES works to reduce and prevent homelessness by providing shelter, education and transitional supports for youth and families in Peterborough and the Kawarthas.
YES provides emergency shelter to youth and families in crisis. We serve roughly 250 new clients every year, in addition to many who have stayed at the shelter before. In addition to emergency housing, we offer support to youth and families through:
- Longer term transitional housing at Abbott House
- Assistance adapting to independent living through the Transitional Life Skills program
- Alternative high school education at The Carriage House (in partnership with PACE and the KPRDSB)
- Vocational, educational and recreation programs (in partnership with other community services)
- Assistance with housing and employment searches
- An emergency food cupboard
The shelter is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.