Mission, Vision, Values
Mission Statement – YES works to reduce and prevent homelessness by providing shelter, education and transitional supports for youth and families in Peterborough and the Kawarthas.
Vision Statement – All youth and families in our community are supported to lead full and positive lives.
YES provides emergency shelter to youth and families in crisis. We serve roughly 250 new clients every year, in addition to many who have stayed at the shelter before. In addition to emergency housing, we offer support to youth and families through:
- Homelessness prevention services through the 211 Program
- Longer term transitional housing through our Rise Youth Housing Program
- The Carriage House onsite alternative classroom (in partnership with Kawartha Pine Ridge School Board)
- Food and clothing cupboard that serves both shelter clients and youth who have experienced housing insecurity in the community
- Outreach staff dedicated to housing clients and connecting them with the community support services that they need
The shelter is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Advocacy: We will work towards ensuring that our staff and clients’ needs are met; engaging partners in change on a client and systems level.
Dignity: All individuals have the right to be safe, included, respected, and recognized for their strengths.
Compassion: We will respond with kindness and a belief that individuals can grow and change.
Equity: We will strive to give each individual what they need to be successful.