Supporting homeless youth and families for 15 years, the YES Shelter for Youth and Families provides innovative and compassionate services in Peterborough. We provide shelter, education, outreach and transitional supports to help people meet their goals. We are currently looking for someone who is passionate about serving vulnerable populations, and is interested in joining our management team during a parental leave. If you are looking for a fast paced, flexible, and rewarding leadership role with opportunity for innovation and impact, please apply to join our team.
- Supervise, coordinate and manage the activities of YES staff in providing transitional housing, outreach services, high school classroom, diversion program, and community housing supports to youth and families (another manager supervises 24/7 shelter operations).
- Provide direction and coaching to staff including recruitment, recognition, performance management, staff meetings/communication, and training.
- Provide case load supervision to outreach and transitional housing roles. This includes reviewing resident progress/goals and coordinating staff efforts to support clients.
- Lead the development and delivery of effective programs and services, including data collection and evaluation to assess the changing needs of youth and families.
- Create and lead a system for data collection and evaluation across all of YES’ Program and Services.
- Create/maintain procedures and communication methods to foster productivity, team satisfaction, and meet all policy, funder and legislative requirements.
- Research, plan and implement organizational change initiatives (eg. Electronic files system)
- Ensure youth voice/feedback is meaningful and present in all YES programs and services.
- Represent YES in community planning for homelessness, collaborating with other supervisory staff from community partners.
- Ensure service quality across all prevention and housing programs.
- Report to relevant funders, and ensuring adequate quantitative and qualitative data collection.
- Work collaboratively with YES’s Shelter Manager, and provide support to shelter team when manager is away.
- Participate in YES’s on-call supervisor team, and crisis diversion program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in a related discipline with a minimum of three-year supervisory experience in a related setting.
- Experience successfully implementing organizational change intiatives
- Knowledge of and commitment to evidence-based, harm reduction, concurrent disorder prepared, and strengths-based approaches related to homeless youth and families.
- Ability to work proactively with staff using a collaborative and strengths-based management style, including coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong ability to use a computer database and other software to keep notes and produce reports/statistics, including at least intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant community resources.
- Demonstrated skills to deliver direct services to marginalized youth and families; Motivational interviewing skills and trauma-informed approach preferred; Clinical supervision skills an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and high level of initiative.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and partnership building skills.
- Effective crisis management and strong problem solving/decision making skills.
- Skills in program evaluation an asset.
- Certification required: Standard First Aid, Safe Food Handlers, Applied Suicide Intervention Training (ASIST), Non-Violent-Crisis Intervention, WHMIS, valid driver’s license, acceptable criminal reference check.
YES offers a dynamic working environment, industry-competitive wages and benefits, schedule flexibility, and opportunities to grow professionally with the agency while meaningfully applying your skills and values in service to disadvantaged youth and families.
Application: Please apply to the attention of Meagan La Plante, Executive Director via Charity Village by November 26, 2018. In your cover letter please specify your availability for an interview on December 10th between 2pm-7pm.
The YES Shelter for Youth and Families appreciates all interest in our work. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.