Application deadline: May 20, 2021
|Status||Full time, permanent|
|Reports to||Development Lead|
|Application Process||Please apply via Charity Village by May 20th|
The YES Shelter for Youth and Families has been working to end youth and family homelessness in Peterborough City and County since 2000. We are in an exciting period of growth in our provision of emergency shelter, education programs, outreach services and youth housing opportunities. Our organization continues to see an increased demand for our services, and we are ambitiously working to fill that gap. We are looking for someone to support our fundraising, so that we can continue our work to end youth and family homelessness.
YES offers a dynamic working environment, industry competitive wages and benefits, and schedule flexibility. As well as an opportunity to meaningfully contribute your skills alongside a dedicated group of colleagues in service to vulnerable youth and families.
If you love data and metrics, and you’re looking for an extremely meaningful role that will make a big difference for families and youth who are homeless in Peterborough, this could be a very fulfilling position for you. This is a role that will be supporting the administrative aspects of YES’ fundraising initiatives. The chosen candidate will ensure supporters are acknowledged and receipted, that accurate data is inputted into our database, and field regular inquiries from members of the public. You would be working closely with the Development Lead to ensure the successful implementation of YES’ fundraising program.
Highly motivated to use their skills to make positive change; extremely detail oriented; prioritizes accuracy; strong analytical skills; enjoys problem solving and numerical investigative work; tactful; diplomatic; trustworthy
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Database entries and maintenance using Sumac donor management software
- Acknowledgement and receipting administration including creation and printing of thank you letters and donation receipts
- General reception and accepting donations from the general public when they drop off support for the youth and families we serve
- Mail administration such as printing, letter folding, envelope stuffing and sending in a timely way
- Responding to general inquiries from the community via phone, email and social media
- Prospect research to increase avenues to connect YES with natural supporters
- Creating presentations for fundraising/community engagement events
- Tracking and reporting on communications KPI’s and campaign metrics via Google Analytics, Mail Chimp and Sumac
- Email list management via Mail Chimp and Sumac
- Occasional event coordination including YES’ holiday gift and wrapping process, SoupStock etc.
- Event Administration including management of invitation and registration process and event planning support
- Coordination of ongoing community partnerships that support YES clients
- Other tasks as required
- University degree or college diploma in a related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Technical aptitude and experience in database administration (donor database preferred)
- Experience as an administrative professional
- Competent and practiced with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong interest in helping youth and families out of homelessness
- Precise and accurate approach to completing tasks
- Ability to work professionally and as a team member with staff and donors
- An understanding of youth and family homelessness, and a supportive approach towards those who are most marginalized in our community
- Fundraising and/or nonprofit expertise is considered an asset
The YES Shelter is enriched by the diversity of our client base and seeks staff that reflects this diversity. If you are an individual with a disability, LGTBQ2S, and/or BIPOC, we welcome your application. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in this important role, please apply by May 20 at 5pm, 2021. Submit your resume and cover letter in a single pdf, to the attention of Brooke Erickson, Development Lead, via CharityVillage. In your cover letter, please indicate your availability for an interview on Wednesday June 9th.